What are some common ways to lose weight?
There are several methods to lose weight, with fad diets and intense weight loss programs becoming very popular due to their quick results. However, adopting healthy lifestyle habits for your exercise routine and diet are the key to losing and keeping weight off long-term.
If recommended by a doctor, you may even consider medical weight loss treatments. Our doctors at Mosh can recommend treatments such as meal replacement shakes or a diet program if necessary.
Should I skip breakfast to lose weight?
When learning about what breakfast is best for weight loss, you may be wondering about skipping breakfast altogether. However, there is research that indicates that skipping breakfast leads to increased weight gain. At the same time, there is no single or generic answer to ‘Should I skip breakfast to lose weight?’ as each person has specific dietary requirements, among several other factors, influencing how they might lose or gain weight if they skip breakfast.
If you do not skip breakfast, you may consume more calories than those who do. However, when you have breakfast, you also tend to have more nutritionally balanced meals throughout the day, which could correspond to better metabolism. Having an active lifestyle can also influence whether you lose weight if you skip breakfast or eat breakfast.
We encourage you to connect with a Mosh doctor to help you determine if skipping breakfast is right for you, learn ‘how to intermittent fast for weight loss’, or if they decide you should not skip breakfast, help you understand what breakfast is best for weight loss.
What is a healthy breakfast to eat while losing weight?
A healthy and balanced diet is one of the most important aspects of losing weight. Moreover, gradually removing unhealthy foods and eating habits can also be effective in losing weight. When determining what breakfast is best for weight loss, you should consider nutritionally dense foods.
- Eggs. Eggs are high in protein and contain essential vitamins and minerals. A study shows that eating eggs for breakfast results in an increased feeling of fullness.
- Bananas. In addition to being high in fibre and low in calories, bananas are a healthy alternative to a typical sugar-filled breakfast. Increased fibre intake has also been shown to help with weight loss.
- Yoghurt. Yoghurt is an excellent source of low-fat protein while also introducing probiotics that can aid in digestion and metabolism. Moreover, research shows that people who ate a serving of yoghurt daily had a lower risk of being overweight.
- Berries. While being a significant source of essential nutrients, berries are also low in calories and rich in fibre, which can reduce hunger and food intake. According to one study, a diet consisting of a daily serving of berries can lead to weight loss.
- Coffee. Specifically, the caffeine in coffee is responsible for boosting metabolism and enhancing fat breakdown. This also applies to other naturally caffeinated drinks like tea and cocoa-based beverages.
While the mentioned foods may constitute a healthy breakfast, they should still be eaten in moderation and without other flavour additives. Furthermore, depending on the dietary options that are available to you, other factors influencing your health may determine what is effective for your weight loss.
Instead of searching for ‘What breakfast is best for weight loss?’ ‘Which foods are high in fat?’ or ‘What foods burn fat?’ online, we encourage you to speak to a professional. At Mosh, we connect you with doctors who can help you understand what foods are good for weight loss and how you can lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.
Are breakfast smoothies effective for weight loss?
If the smoothie is made correctly and incorporates healthy ingredients in moderate amounts without added sugars or other unhealthy ingredients, then it may be effective for weight loss. A smoothie that consists of ingredients that contain vitamins and minerals, fibre, and protein with water as its base would make for an effective smoothie for promoting weight loss.
- Vitamins and minerals. Using vegetables and fruits for your smoothie would result in it being nutrient-dense and provide essential nutrients to your body.
- Fibre. Research shows that foods or drinks that are high in fibre promote increased metabolism to aid weight loss.
- Protein. Protein-rich foods or drinks promote a healthy metabolism, which helps with weight loss.
- Water. Drinking plenty of water is a simple yet effective way to increase your metabolism so you burn more calories throughout the day.
At Mosh, we care about how you treat your body when you are deciding what breakfast is best for weight loss, so our doctors strive to provide you with evidence-based recommendations and treatments whenever they’re needed.
Instead of searching for weight loss shakes online and wondering about their efficacy and legitimacy, you can speak to one of our doctors and determine what’s right for you. If it’s needed, you can trust our meal replacement shakes are an excellent choice in supplementing your weight loss and promoting a healthy metabolism.
The Mosh way to start the day
Weight loss is a daily commitment. Starting your weight loss journey can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it alone. Mosh will support you every step of the way, from helping you determine what breakfast is best for weight loss to figuring out how to exercise to lose weight.
Mosh is committed to helping you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. Let our Mosh doctors help you determine what your body needs and how you can achieve it. We can provide advice and solutions that are backed by science to help you achieve your goals.
If you have questions related to ‘how many calories should I eat to lose weight’ or ‘how many steps a day for weight loss’, connect with a Mosh doctor who is ready to listen.