Yes, there are natural treatments that help with managing your anxiety on a daily basis. These treatments usually involve healthy habits and practices that you can adopt and employ whenever you feel anxiety-related emotions or the telltale signs of an anxiety attack.
It is important to understand, though, that what triggers anxiety-related emotions and constitutes anxiety can differ for everyone. Rather than basing your understanding of anxiety and all related information about it on something you have read online, consult your doctor if you suspect you have anxiety.
With that in mind, some of the generally recommended natural treatments for managing your anxiety include, but are not limited to:
- informing yourself about anxiety;
- being mindful of what triggers anxiety;
- employing breathing and relaxation techniques;
- making adjustments to your diet; and
- incorporating exercise into your lifestyle.
If you are unsure how to overcome anxiety, rather than searching for ‘how to calm anxiety’ online, get in touch with a Mosh doctor today. Mosh can connect you with a network of AHPRA-registered doctors who can help you understand how to manage and overcome your anxiety. If necessary, they may recommend science-backed treatment options that can help you overcome what you are struggling with.
Exercise can be an effective way for you to manage and control your anxiety-related emotions. The exercises that appear to be most effective are rhythmic, aerobic exercises such as:
- swimming; and
Moreover, these activities are most effective when done at a low to moderate intensity for fifteen to thirty minutes a day for a minimum of three days a week. Exercise-induced changes in anxiety, depression, and mood states can be attributed to the release of endorphins and monoamines.
Aside from exercise, there are different ways to address your concerns related to ‘how to deal with anxiety’. It is recommended to speak to a doctor to get a better understanding of how to overcome anxiety and learn other ways to treat anxiety.
Every individual experiences anxiety differently, so different stimuli can trigger anxiety. Anxiety can affect individuals differently, so it is important to carefully consider every case of anxiety. Some common triggers of anxiety may include:
- Personality. Studies show that people who tend to be perfectionists, ambitious, shy, or have low self-esteem might also suffer from anxiety.
- Trauma. Trauma can contribute to various mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, and even substance abuse.
- Family history of mental health conditions. According to research, some individuals are genetically predisposed to anxiety and depression.
- Ongoing stressful events. Some people can experience anxiety as a result of long-term exposure to difficult or stressful life events. Common stressful events may include work or school-related issues, sudden changes in lifestyle, relationship problems, abuse, and the death of a loved one.
Each person may experience anxiety for different reasons, and anxiety does not necessarily have a specific cause or trigger. Moreover, you may experience anxiety as a result of a combination of triggers or an accumulation of stress from daily life.
If you ever find yourself wondering about the ‘symptoms of stress’ or ‘how to stop anxiety’, refrain from self-diagnosing yourself. We encourage you to seek professional help from your doctor to understand how to overcome anxiety.
For your convenience, we also provide a network of doctors you can easily contact via text, phone, or video. Moreover, Mosh provides a short online questionnaire to help us better assess your life and meet your needs. Our doctors may prescribe therapy, medication, or both if they determine that your symptoms, condition, and history require treatment.
Overcome anxiety with Mosh by your side.
With the right approach and mindset, anxiety can be treated. While it may take time and effort to get better, it is all in the process of overcoming your anxiety.
Whether you have concerns or questions about the ‘symptoms of social anxiety’ or ‘symptoms of depression’, at Mosh, we are committed to helping you overcome your struggles. Make conscious efforts to manage your anxiety instead of just wishing it away. Our goal is to help you achieve the results you desire through personalised treatment.
Talk to a Mosh doctor about anxiety whenever you are ready.